“You don’t cancel a visit to Jerusalem, the Holy City. This is the fate of anyone that dares to do it in the future”
[Translation of the photos’ text:]
How do you score a penalty kick?
Yours, Leo [Lionel Messi]”
“Messi, you don’t cancel a meeting with the Western Wall.”
– Posted by a Muslim Member of Jerusaemites FB Group
– “Very true, and there are no regrets [on our part for how things turned out].”
– “Bullshit…It’s funny how we manage to claim responsibility for everything. As if no soccer star has ever missed a penalty kick.”
– “You don’t cancel a meeting with the Creator at the Western Wall. Now, suffer the consequences, you loser.”
– “In all seriousness, I agree with you, Jerusalem is a place of pilgrimage for so many people, and for that reason, you shouldn’t cancel visits to it.”
– [Original Poster in Response:] “I’m really serious, and indeed, the holiness of the city belongs to everyone.”
– [In response:] “True. I saw how during Ramadan, Muslims from all around the world came. Everybody comes here because of the same god, that’s all this is about, and that’s the way it should be.”
0202 Editor’s Note
 The Argentinean national soccer team recently cancelled a slated friendly match set to be played in Jerusalem. Lionel Messi, the star player of the team was seen as one of the leaders behind the decisio to cancel the match.
 Messi missed a penalty kick In Argentina’s opening game in the World Cup.
#Sports #Religion #Western_Wall #Holy_City