Digest: Beitar Jerusalem Qualification Game for State Cup Final
“After a complete turnaround: Beitar has qualified for the State Cup final
Nine years of disappointments in the State Cup have ended this evening [Sunday, April 1]: Beitar Jerusalem won against Ironi Qiryat Shmona 3:2 and has advanced to the State Cup final, where the team will play against Hapoel Haifa.”
– myNet Jerusalem
We’re waiting for you at Teddy [Stadium]. Next stop: Toto Turner [Stadium]. Yesssssss!”
– FC Beitar Jerusalem FB page
– “[…] So much happiness! So much joy! Bring us the cup!”
– “A team that is one large soul! How we’ve waited to return to these moments… The empire is returning. Thank you, our warriors!”
“I have a feeling that this is going to be a good year for Jerusalem! From the far south, thinking about Beitar in the finals. See you at Teddy [Stadium]!”
– Ofer Berkovitch, City Council Member, Mayoral Candidate in Upcoming Elections
Today, along with more than 20 thousand fans of Beitar Jerusalem, I drove to Haifa for the State Cup semifinal. At the end of the match, I, Jerusalem Mayor Nir Barkat and Beitar Figure Eli Ohana celebrated Beitar’s advancement to the final after an absence of nine years.
See you on May 9th at Teddy Stadium in the final against Hapoel Haifa.
– Moshe Lion, member of City Council, Mayoral Candidate in Upcoming Elections
– “How lucky is Jerusalem – getting you as its mayor, and soon, winning the State Cup.”
– “When Moshe Lion, whose patron is Aryeh Deri , will be elected as mayor, you should know that Deri will have complete control of Jerusalem, and then we’ve had it. Just like he wanted to close Ashdod on the Sabbath, so too he will do in Jerusalem. Not to mention the yeshivas  that will be built here.”
0202 Editor’s Notes:
 Moshe Lion has been connected with Aryeh Deri and Avigdor Lieberman, two national politicians. Aryeh Deri has been convicted with bribery and fraud, but currently serves as Minister of Interior. Avigdor Lieberman has faced corruption charges but was acquitted.
 Yeshiva – An institution in which Jewish religious texts are studied. Aryeh Deri is a Haredi politician; the person commenting is voicing his fear that a strong Haredi influence on Jerusalem will lead to prioritization of Yeshivas in budgeting.
#Sport #Elections #Beitar